Alice is our proof-of-concept quantum demonstrator which incorporates everything needed to put our qubits in the optimum environment and to communicate with the outside world, including:
- Cryogenic cooling system to place and maintain the QPU at 3 Kelvin operating temperature using a commercial closed-cycle Helium cryocooler
- Cryo-assembly connected via a 96-wire flex circuit board to an FPGA at room temperature through an intermediate cooling stage at 77 Kelvin
- Cryogenic system housed in a custom vacuum and heatshield housing and integrated into a 32U 19” rack with a vacuum pump and an industrial controller
- Integrated Linux server running Equal1’s Python-based QPU software suite
- PCB boards that include a high-performance FPGA with high-performance cabling and connectors to ensure minimum noise and high signal integrity that deliver signals to and from the quantum core
- Alice incorporates everything needed to put our qubits in the optimum environment and to communicate with the outside world
We are currently operating two Alice quantum demonstrators: one at our facility in Ireland and the second in California. Each Alice has been operating for over two years ―without fail ―providing us with critical test measurements on our Alpha series of test chips.