Senior & Principal Analog IC Designer
Would you like to be part of a team doing something truly disruptive and innovative? Equal1 has exciting opportunities for your talents developing new solutions for quantum computers.
We are a well-funded startup engaged in one of today’s most exciting technology areas – quantum computing. Equal1 has been developing silicon-based quantum computer technology since 2017 in collaboration with University College Dublin. With development centers in San Carlos, California and Ireland, we have a bold mission to bring an affordable quantum computer to market. Our unique qubit design and system integration strategy is truly revolutionary, targeting the realization of a desktop size quantum computer and bringing a huge leap forward in processing capability to the market.
Senior & Principal Analog IC Designer Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in deep-sub micron SoC or mixed-signal ASICs ideally with domain experience in very low energy circuits capable of discriminating very small voltages. Additional design challenges are performing these many functions at high speed, and at cryogenic temperatures. They will get to work with a multi-disciplinary team of quantum physicists, algorithm development engineers, RF circuit, Digital designers, software engineers and AI/machine learning engineers to create a scalable 1 million qubits quantum computer. This position will suit an individual who is looking to work in a new and dynamic area with an innovative market leading company poised for rapid growth. We place great emphasis on innovation, creative thinking, coupled with ownership and high-quality execution. This is a chance to become a key person in a rapidly emerging and world-changing company making a lasting impact on the strategy for developing quantum computing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The types of circuits you will be creating range from low power ADC, high speed DACs, single electron detectors, precision LDOs, high speed clock networks, and GHz oscillators, as well as many of the collateral circuits required for a highly scalable million qubits technology.
- Developing design and supporting collateral material for all stages of project lifecycle from system specification, modelling, simulation, implementation, and validation.
- Collaboratively working with multi-disciplinary colleagues.
- Regularly flexing analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fast pace learning of silicon-based quantum systems.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
This position requires detailed knowledge of some of the following:
- Experience +8 years designing and optimizing analog mixed signal circuitry through the full project lifecycle, from architectural development through to implementation and evaluation.
- Experience designing image sensors or low energy high precision sensors.
- Expertise in the use of industry standard integrated circuit design, simulation and verification tools (Cadence) in deep-sub micron 22nm FD-SOI or similar technologies.
- Experience working with PDKs from various leading foundries providers.
- Experience with standard simulation tools such as SPICE, Verilog-AMS and experience in compact layout techniques, and understanding the underlying limitations of these tools.
- Semiconductor device physics knowledge is required, and some exposure to device performance at cryogenic temperatures.
- Experience with test and measurement requirements and ability to prescribe the testing required to validate fabricated designs.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in a team.
- Demonstrated experience in several successfully completed projects
- Willing to work in an environment that fosters initiative and requires flexibility.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in electronic engineering, physics or related discipline is ideal but not required.
Note: This position will be involved with information protected under US export control laws and, therefore, the applicant must be compliant with these laws.
To learn more please email your CV/resume to email@example.com or fill out the form and upload your CV below and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Please note, agency applications will not be responded to.